heading

Mission: Sew vintage style, sew to upcycle, sew modern, sew innovative, sew gifts, sew for love, sew for good, sew for fun - Sew New, Sew Old, Sew Fun!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Palette Challenge

Colette Patterns Fall Palette Challenge

By now, anyone who reads any sewing blogs or news has probably already come across this challenge. There is no winner and it's really just for your own personal benefit. The goal is to think about color and pieces that work together. You then spend your time sewing a unified wardrobe with pieces that will work together.

Being that this challenge is almost more of a suggestion than a real challenge I have decided to work through this challenge for the remaining 10 days of it (a 10 week long challenge) and finish up any time after that when I see fit.

Also, being short on income I have decided to use only patterns and fabrics and as many notions as possible from my stash. This will help me make useful items and clear out some of my fabric bins. I will attempt to find colours that work together in a way that I like, but my main goal will be to sew, sew, sew!

I like dresses and jackets. I love skirts. Tops are a nice touch. I do not usually sew pants, but fabric and notions allowing, I will attempt to add a pair into this mix to help round it out. I prefer to wear dresses and skirts, however. There will likely be a distinctive "retro" or "vintage" vibe to the collection as I love to stock up on as many "vintage" pattern reprints as my pattern housing will allow.

Also, seeing as it is fall, I might throw a Halloween costume into the mix while I'm at it. Who knows?

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment