heading

Mission: Sew vintage style, sew to upcycle, sew modern, sew innovative, sew gifts, sew for love, sew for good, sew for fun - Sew New, Sew Old, Sew Fun!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Palette Fabrics and Patterns

Colette Patterns Fall Palette Challenge

Well, a few hours later I rumaged through unused patterns purchased over the past few years of .99 cent sales and bargain bin fabrics. I have arranged a colour palette that I quite like and I find remicent of the early days of autumn. Many of the pieces will work into winter, spring and summer as well. I like to create pieces that can be used for more than one season, when I can. I heavily rely on greys and purples with some browns, blues and a nice rust colour thrown into the mix. I have so many patterns I'd LOVE to sew that my line up is VERY ambitious. I will, I dare say, NOT finish this undertaking before the challenge is "officially" over, but I won't worry about that. The main thing is that I get some wonderful new items that I love, AND use some of my stash. I have even thrown a (non colour pallette) Halloween costume into the mix for myself! Drum roll please! The patterns are:

Simplicity 2305 Cynthia Rowley - View B dress, View D skirt
Simplicity 4044 Retro - View A jacket, View C skirt, View D trousers
Simplicity 3673 Retro - View B jumper
Simplicity 3688 Retro - View A blouse
Simplicity 2848 Project Runway - "Pleated jumper"
Simplicity 2263 Threads - View A blouse, View B skirt
Simplicity 2211 Lisette - View A skirt, View B skirt, View E top
Simplicity 3921 - View I capelet

Simplicity 2813 Disney Princess - View A "Snow White"

New Look 6000 - View C dress
New Look 6909 - View C dress, View E dress

McCall's M5759 - View A jacket

Vogue V8740 - View A apron 

The fabrics:


I have heavily used wool in various weights. There are also a few linen look fabrics as well as a lace, silky floral print and a cotton chino. 

Costume fabrics:



Inspiration board, to help me remember what I was going to do:



IF I manage to finish this task I will end up with: 4 dresses, 2 jumpers, 5 skirts, 3 tops, 2 jackets, 1 capelet, 1 pair trousers, 1 apron, and 1 costume. That wouldn't be too shabby!

Now, to get cutting!

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment